The Alpine Stereo that came out in the Ford Falcon EA EB ED was state of the art with its sound quality thanks to the external amplifier that ran the rear speakers and subwoofer. However even though these units are quality, we are unfortunately seeing a few of these units for faults. We still commonly see these units come in for repairs/restoration.
If you are having sound faults through all speakers there’s an extremely high chance the fault is located in the head unit. If you’re only having issues with rear speakers the fault will reside in the external amplifier found in the rear of the car.
Popping Or Crackling Sound Through Speakers or no sound in the rear of the car
The Repair Procedure
Ready to get your stereo repaired? There are two possible steps; read on
- Australia Wide – If you’re not a local to us
The majority of our repairs turn up at our workshop in a box and leave in a box so we are custom to this method. The method is usually as follows
- Contact us by our contact form or by phone to answer any questions you may have with your stereo before sending or just send away! (With our repair form in the box so we know who’s radio it is when it arrives)
- Removing the stereo out of your car. You can get your local auto-mechanic or auto-electrician to remove your stereo, a friend or even take it out yourself! We may have a removal video for your stereo.
- Pack your stereo in a box with plenty of packing material to protect it – It may have an issue but you still want it to turn up safe. Make sure you have filled out our Mail-In form and placed in the box (You can find it on this page). Once filled out, our system will automatically email you your repair form to put in the box. If you can’t print the form, the email provides information on what to put in the box.
- Send it off to us, once arrived we book in and start the diagnosis/repair process. From here we will be in contact along the repair process
- Once repaired, tested and payment finalised we freight your unit straight back to you.
If you’re a local to us you can drop the Stereo off at our workshop if already removed from the car, or we can book a time for you to bring the car to us to have the Stereo removed. Please call us on 1300 211 773 to confirm a booking. Sometimes we can have an exchange unit available for on the spot repairs, otherwise, we would remove the radio from your car and set you on your way with your car minus the stereo for repairs.
Don’t forget to print out the form! Click here to get the form
Get a repair quote
Looking for a quote, or would you like some more information? Fill out and submit the form below to get in contact with us. Please give as much information as you can regarding what is happening and we will get back in touch.