The Ford Falcon BA and Territory came out with a large integrated ICC stereo system (Interior Command Centre) which is moulded into the dash of the car. These stereos also house the HVAC air conditioner controls and some interior command buttons, making it an important part of the car.
Unfortunately, These units, with how important they are, do have some common issues which Supertech Electronics can repair. We have found that a lot of units will just stop working, nothing on the display, no audio, no buttons will work – Nothing. Sometimes this fault can be intermittent where some days it’s fine and the next it’s dead. Sometimes the CD drive jams up and refuses to eject the CDs inside the unit, or it can skip while playing CDS. These units are also locked to the car by it’s VIN code, changing the units will fail to boot the ICC up and just sit on with “CODE” displayed.
Asking For Code / “CODE” displayed on screen
Intermittent Or No Display.
CD’s will not play. CD’s jammed. CD error
Popping Or Crackling Sound Through Speakers
BARRA SINGLE CD
The Repair Procedure
Ready to get your stereo repaired? There are two possible steps; read on
- Australia Wide – If you’re not a local to us
Majority of our repairs turn up at our workshop in a box and leave in a box so we are custom to this method. The method is usually as follows
- Contact us by our contact form or by phone to answer any questions you may have with your stereo before sending or send away!
- Getting the stereo out of your car. You can get your local auto-mechanic or auto-electrician to remove your stereo, a friend or even take it out yourself! We may have a removal video for your stereo.
- Pack your stereo in a box with plenty of packing material to protect it – It may have an issue but you still want it to turn up safe. Make sure you have filled out our repair request form and place in the box. If you are unable to print the form, fill out as much as you can on a piece of paper and put in the box.
- Send it off to us, once arrived we book in and start the diagnosis/repair process. From here we will be in contact along the repair process
- Once repaired, tested and payment finalised we freight your unit straight back to you.
If you’re a local to us you can drop the Stereo off to our workshop if already removed from the car, or we can book a time for you to bring the car to us to have the Stereo removed. Please call us on 1300 211 773 to confirm a booking. Sometimes we can have an exchange unit available for on the spot repairs, otherwise, we would remove the radio from your car and set you on your way with your car minus the stereo for repairs.
Get a repair quote
Want some information? Fill out the form below to get in contact with us. Please give as much information as you can and we will get back in touch. You can also upload a photo