In your S-Class Mercedes Benz, you will find fitted a premium Harman / Kardon Logic 7 sound system. It can be found in W221 S-Class cars between 2005 and 2013. Even though this is high-end equipment it does come with issues later on in its life. No need to replace the amplifier, get it repaired. This amplifier is paired up with NTG3 and NTG3.5 comand systems. When the amplifier faults it gives the illusion that there is something wrong with the head unit. The issue you will find when the amplifier faults is that you lose sound, the whole car goes silent. You may also find at times the LCD display will not go past the Mercedes Benz logo. If your system turns on, a good indication that the amplifier is at fault is to try and play a CD. Does the timer go above 0:00 or not? If not this is your amplifier at fault. We have the ability to test and repair your amplifier outside of your car.
The amplifier is located in the rear left of the car behind the boot lining.
No Sound (Amplifier at fault)
Popping Or Crackling Sound Through Speakers
CD WIll not play
Comand system stuck on Mercedes Logo
A 221 900 05 02
A 221 870 17 89
A 221 870 18 89
A 221 870 60 89
A 221 870 67 89
A 221 870 57 89
A 221 820 57 89
A 221 820 60 89
The Repair Procedure
Ready to get your stereo repaired? There are two possible steps; read on
- Australia Wide – If you’re not a local to us
Majority of our repairs turn up at our workshop in a box and leave in a box so we are custom to this method. The method is usually as follows
- Contact us by our contact form or by phone to answer any questions you may have with your stereo before sending or send away!
- Getting the stereo out of your car. You can get your local auto-mechanic or auto-electrician to remove your stereo, a friend or even take it out yourself! We may have a removal video for your stereo.
- Pack your stereo in a box with plenty of packing material to protect it – It may have an issue but you still want it to turn up safe. Make sure you have filled out our repair request form and place in the box. If you are unable to print the form, fill out as much as you can on a piece of paper and put in the box.
- Send it off to us, once arrived we book in and start the diagnosis/repair process. From here we will be in contact along the repair process
- Once repaired, tested and payment finalised we freight your unit straight back to you.
If you’re a local to us you can drop the Stereo off to our workshop if already removed from the car, or we can book a time for you to bring the car to us to have the Stereo removed. Please call us on 1300 211 773 to confirm a booking. Sometimes we can have an exchange unit available for on the spot repairs, otherwise, we would remove the radio from your car and set you on your way with your car minus the stereo for repairs.
Get a repair quote
Want some information? Fill out the form below to get in contact with us. Please give as much information as you can and we will get back in touch. You can also upload a photo